Sister Barbara Biggs
7 Simple Steps
TO GET CLOSER TO GOD
1. Start with Silence
2. Pick the same time every day
3. Read a passage from the bible
4. Pray and reflect on what you have read
5. Write one page in a journal or notebook.
6. Thank GOD for meeting you and ask him to keep speaking
7. Give It Time.
Words of Encouragement for January 2021
Happy New Year!!!
Yes! The year 2020 is gone with all of the challenges that we experienced. Let us began 2021 with a new mindset. Let’s elevate our minds in choosing positive thoughts and not entertain negative thoughts especially if they affect happiness, success, and peace of mind. Let us continue to develop an attitude of gratitude. Hebrews 12:1 (NIV) states the following: "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." May Jesus fill us with the water of life to refresh us all through this new year 2021. May God nourish and invigorate us with good health and strength.
May the holy spirit inspire us with wisdom. May our 2021 come with peace, compassion, success, and another chance to renew our relationships with God and each other. I encourage all of my Sisters of Dorothy Riley 189 to develop more self-love affirmations for 2021.
Here are three:
1) I choose love, respect, and kindness;
2) Recite: This is the day that God has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it; 3) State daily: I will think positive and know that I am worthy of great things.
God Bless and keep you as we move forward with new beginnings in 2021.
Sister Barbara Biggs, Chaplain